Wednesday, August 5, 2009

thoughts from my ipod-March

"Say what you need to say." It seems like I always do my best work on
air planes. Who knows, maybe it's the feeling of independence or the
deep thoughts that come with music. Music that is filled with deep
lyrics which spark emotion in every way imaginable. Whatever it is, it
always happens to me... As I'm sitting on this plane to Myrtle Beach
I've been thinking a lot about change. In the past year and a half
the only constant theme in my life has been change. I used to be
afraid of change. I hated it and I never wanted to face it. It's
ironic because these days all I can relate to is change. I change the
things I can control to benefit my life. But what about the things I
can't control? Do those benifit me aswell? A year and a half ago I
would have said no they only caused me pain and brought my life more
inconvenience. I have a hard time with things beyond my control. But
as I grow and mature I see more and more that change is a great thing.
These experiences are opening my eyes to things I need to work on to
become a better person. I am accepting the things I need to work on
and embracing them instead of being too proud to change. I feel, if I
never changed my enviornment and moved across the country I would not
be the person I am today. I took a risk and just went with it. I
barely thought twice. And with that my entire life changed. I am much
more independent and I feel that I am growing and learning more than I
ever would have on the west coast. It's not so much the location but
more the action ofmoving. I am seeing life in a whole new light... And
it's a great feeling. I am becoming who I want to be more and more
everyday. I am not afraid to be who I am and I am open to every new
experience that comes my way. I am forces to make decisions I never
have before. I've learned to let go of things that were holding me
back. There is no more comfort blanket. It's just pure life. The heart
aches and the smiles, I feel it all and I love it. When I moved out
here I had an idea of what the next 4 years were going to be like... I
had it all mapped out. The amazing part is my life is not even close
to the map I had sketches out. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I
can't imagine my life any differently.

"PLAN TO BE SURPRISED" <3

"Life gets that much harder it makes you that much stronger. Some
pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned."

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react
to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we
bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive
thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst... A spark that
creates extraordinary results."

No comments: